Installing Resampling Stats
Requires the FULL desktop version of Excel 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016 (32 or 64-bit), for any recent version of Windows, including XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10. Resampling Stats will run on the Surface tablet as long as the FULL version of Excel is installed. Resampling Stats will NOT work on Excel RT, Excel Starter or the subscription version of Office 365.
Step 1: Check Excel settings, using “File” menu (Excel 2010/2013/2016) or Office button (Excel 2007)
1. Options > Trust Center Settings
a. under Add-ins make sure no items are checked.
b. under “Macro Settings” make sure “Enable all macros …” is checked.
c. if the following line is displayed in the same window, it should also be checked: “Trust access to the VBA project object model”
2. Options > Add-ins > Go
a. Make sure that “Excel Add-ins” is visible in the “Manage” menu
b. From there, use the add-in manager to ensure that both the Analysis Toolpak and Analysis Toolpak VBA add-ins are selected and installed.
Step 2: Download and run the installation program
1. Start Resampling Stats from the Start menu or the Desktop shortcut. Do NOT load Resampling Stats from the Excel Add-ins menu.
2. Be sure to enable macros when Excel opens.
3. In the license screen, just leave the fields blank and click “OK” to enable the 365-day trial.
–>Download Windows 1-year trial version for Excel
Note: If you are having problems installing Resampling Stats due to Windows security, there is an alternate installation version that consists of a folder you can place on your desktop or other convenient location. You may work with Resampling Stats directly from the folder. There are additional instructions in a pdf file located in the main folder.
–>Download Resampling Stats alternate version for Excel
Box Sampler Download
–>Download Box Sampler
Note: These add-ins will not alter your standard Excel configuration — the add-in functions will appear only when you open the add-in in each Excel session.
If you would like Resampling Stats to automatically load when Excel starts, follow these directions.
1) In Excel: File > Options > Add-ins (left panel)
2) In right Add-ins panel: find the Manage: drop down list box. Select Excel Add-ins in the box and click Go
3) In the Add-ins dialog box, make certain BOTH Analysis Toolpak add-insare checked before proceeding. Then click the Browse button in the right panel
4) Click on My Computer in the left panel of the Browse box and navigate to the Resampling Stats for Excel folder (most likely in the C:\Program Files (x86) directory)
5) Select Resampling_Stats.xla, click OK and the Resampling_Stats add-in should now be visible in the Add-ins box. Make certain the Resampling_Stats add-in entry is checked and click OK.
If you encounter installation difficulties, please visit our troubleshooting page -> Help